Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The out pouring of the Holy Spirit Promised

All over in scripture God promises us the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

Surely I will pour out my Spirit on you; I will make My words known to you. Proverbs 1:23

And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel, says the Lord God. Ezekiel 39:29

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Matthew 3:11

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!
Luke 11:13

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever. John 14:6

But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you: and you shall be witnesses to me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and to the end of the earth. Acts 1:8

The Christian life is difficult to live with out the empowering of the Holy Spirit. Is life bland for you? Is your attitude about the things of God mediocre? Is everything a struggle and seems like you can't do it on your own? Well, we can do nothing apart from Jesus and His Spirit. You need the out pouring of the Holy Spirit in your life.

Do you desire the out pouring of the Holy Spirit in your life? Ask and it shall be given you, seek and you shall find, knock and it will be opened to you.
Luke 11:9